Monday 28 October 2013

Fabric flowers: Perfect for bows and hair clip.



Today why don't you try making these flower. They can be made from ribbon pieces but I made these from an old shirt. I was going to throw this shirt away but I thought they would make cute flowers. Its bright, has pink and paisley.  You can attach these flower to a pin, clip, hair band, or use it in gift wrapping. 


Here's what to do: 



Figure out a size you want, You can go as bigger or smaller you want. I usually cut rough but I measure it later for blogging and it's around 2 inches. 


Fold it in Half

Then half again, like a cone.


Then take needle and thread and sow it zig zag at the open/rounded side



Sow them in same one piece thread. Do at least 5, you can to more or even less but for some reason odd number 5 looks good to me. Maybe its a star shape.


I did not have that much of time today + I will hide the middle bit with some embellishment but if you have time and want to make ends super clean then with a lighter/tea light burn the edges slightly  In order to make then cleaner



 Then pull then tightly and they will form a shape themselves. Tie them tightly.




Then decorate as you like. You can even make different sizes and stack  them together.









They look awesome when made from silk. Njoy...xxox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...