Tuesday 5 November 2013

Fitness Calculator NTNU


I just came across this website and thought of sharing with you guys. If anyone reads my blog that is...^_^

So are you into fitness or you just laze around house and do nothing all day? huh.....well exercising or not can have its visible affect on or bodies and now there’s a site that will show if you really are old beyond your years by calculating your true fitness age.





By putting in required it calculates how well your body delivers oxygen to the cells – a measurement called VO2 max. 

Researchers at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology found that putting just five measurements - waist circumference; resting heart rate; frequency and intensity of exercise; age; and sex - into an program helped them predict a person’s VO2 max quite accurately.

Though I don't really care much as long as one is healthy but somehow the word fitness age got me all inquisitive. I wanted to see the difference between my real age and fitness age.

Now fitness age is basically how well the body function physically compared to how well it should work given the age of course. 


Only confusing thing was 'resting heart rate' but it shows on the right side of the page that you can calculate it by taking your pulse for 30 seconds and then doubling it. Add in your age, gender, intensity and frequency of exercise and the calculator will generate your fitness age

You wanna know what my fitness age is....

I...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
am
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

aiiiiii well it was alarming and looks like if I wanna stay fit then I need to take out those sneakers and start running
...... but first I need to find those maryland chocochip cookies..


Do try your age as well ....xxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...